Friday, June 20, 2014

Swatches & Review: Smokey Mountain Lacquers - Raging Hormones

Hi guys! Today I have for you a new to me indie brand, based in USA, Smokey Mountain Lacquers. The polish I'll be showing you today from their line is called Raging Hormones. Do I need to tell you what inspired the name? Lol! 

Raging Hormones is described by the creator as a cherry red linear holo polish. I have to say, on me it's not really a deep dark red like cherry. It leans a bit orange-y red. The formula is on the thick side, but I have no issue in application. It dries shiny, but I still use top coat here. I used 3 thin coats for my swatches. 
Smokey Mountain Lacquer Raging Hormones


Smokey Mountain Lacquer Raging Hormones

Smokey Mountain Lacquer Raging Hormones

Smokey Mountain Lacquer Raging Hormones
There's a disclaimer on the listing of this polish, that it might stain. Unfortunately it did  stain. I used 2 coats of Glisten & Glow Stuck on Blu and wore this for no more than 6 hours. When I removed them my whole nail beds are pink stained. So you might have to take an extra precaution before wearing this, or don't plan on wearing sheer polish right after this.

Smokey Mountain Lacquers can be purchased from their website or etsy. Retails for USD 7.95 for a full size 15 ml bottle and USD 3.95 for a 5ml mini bottle. For nail polish lovers outside US, I recommend contacting them prior of placing your order, regarding shipping method and rate, you can do that here. You can also follow Smokey Mountain Lacquers on their social media (facebook, instagram)for updates about new collection, restock, and giveaways! 


**product is provided for my honest review
XO
Novi

No comments:

Post a Comment