Saturday, September 21, 2013

RAOK Polishes Are The Best!

Hi guys!

If you're following me on instagram, you've probably seen my nail mail pic posted yesterday.Two of those polishes are random gifts from my nail polish buddy, hence the post title, and I feel it's necessary to post them here together! :) Just in case you're not familiar with the abbreviation, RAOK is short for Random Act Of Kindness. 
I have the best nail polish buddy! One sent me Julep Kai, which also my first Julep polish, and pick a color that I absolutely love. The other one, knowing well about my lve for glitter polish, sent me Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale, which is a dupe for Deborah Lippmann Across The Universe that she knows I don't have. 

Julep Kai is a bright baby blue polish with a textured finish. Julep calls it 'sea salt finish'. The shade alone made me fall in love with it. Although I prefer my textured polish to be sparkly, I still like this one nonetheless. It's not as gritty as other sparkly matte textured polish, so it's a plus. I used 2 easy coat here. Drying time is relatively quick. But I'm still not completely sold on the brand. Their bottle shape is dangerous for someone like me, whose in numerous occasion has tipped over polish bottle while I was using it. And the brush length is just awkward to use. Anyway, let's check out the photos!

Julep Kai

Julep Kai

Julep Kai
Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale is a dark blue jelly polish packed with blue & green hexes and blue micro glitter. Here I layered it over OPI Unfor-greta-bly Blue. You can probably wear it on its own, but it's gonna take 3-4 coats for opacity. At first, I had problem getting the hexes to the nail, they just stuck on the brush. So I pressed the brush on the nail, and that worked out great. After 2-3 nails, I didn't have to do that again, the hexes transferred easily from the brush to the nail. My swatches here are using only one coat of Mermaid's Tale, you can see that I got a decent amount of glitter for each nail.

Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale

Sally Hansen Mermaid's Tale
Do you own any of these two? And how do you like them? :)


XO
Novi

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower. Your nails and designs are amazing!!! SH mermaid tail is just awesome...I have to look for it after passing it up several times :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Rhonda! Where did you find me? :D

      Delete