Monday, July 8, 2013

Skittles and Triangles

Happy Monday!

Today I want to share this bright and colorful mani, that hopefully would make your Monday better ;) This is the second attempt for me to do a free hand nail art. I'm sticking to something simple for now, until I really get the hang of it and know my brushes well. It's far from perfect, but I really love the end result! I hope you guys will like it too :)







The base colors I used here, from thumb to pinkie are: Illamasqua Gamma, Zoya Micky, Nicole by OPI Hit The Lights, Zoya Rocky, and OPI Did It On 'Em. I also used INM Northern Lights before painting the triangles, just to add a subtle spark. 
I begin painting all the small triangles with white nail polish, here I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales The Walls. I waited for the white to dry before I start painting over them with various colors, and then outline the triangles with black polish. The brushes I used were purchased from BornPretty Store. I finished the mani with one generous coat of Poshe, that was the scariest part of all! I'm always scared the top coat will smudge/smear the design. The trick is to have enough liquid on the brush so the brush doesn't touch your nail surface. 






So, what do you think? Yay/Nay? ;)


XO
Novi

1 comment: