Friday, October 11, 2013

Swatches & Review: Jindie Nails Halloween 2013 Collection (LimitedEdition)

Hi guys!I

Today I have swatches of a really exciting halloween collection from Jindie Nails to share with you guys! This collection consists of 5 polishes, 4 can be wear on their own and 1 is a glitter topper. Most of them has glitter that glows under a black light. I tried to take pictures under a black light, but my camera just couldn't do such thing :(. But I promise you, they are really fun to look at! Since this is a halloween collection, these polishes will only be available until end of October. 

This post is pictures heavy, so I'm going to put a jump so it doesn't take forever for you to load the home page. But here's a preview.. More details and individual pics after the jump! :)




Blood, Bath & Beyonda blood red jelly with gold, lavender, purple, red and silver metallic and holographic dots in three sizes, mauve metallic small squares, intense gold/violet shimmer and gold flakes plus purple iridescent flecks and sparks in 3 sizes.  This can be worn on its own with no base coat and is pretty opaque in about 3 coats. 
On my skin tone, this looks like a tomato red. My swatches here is 3 coats with top coat. Out of all 5, this is the only one that I had to 'fish' for the large dot glitter. But it's not that difficult, I just put the bottle upside down while waiting each coat to dry, and swirl the brush in the bottle to get the glitter out.

Blood, Bath & Beyond

Blood, Bath & Beyond
On the pics below, I layered 2 coats of BB&B over OPI Vodka & Caviar. I really love how it looks!
Blood, Bath & Beyod (over OPI Vodka & Caviar)

Blood, Bath & Beyod (over OPI Vodka & Caviar)

Blood, Bath & Beyod (over OPI Vodka & Caviar)
There are No Seasons in Indie, a yellow crelly base with neon pink, neon purple, neon orange, lilac, violet, pink and matte and metallic dots in three sizes plus gorgeous pink shimmer throughout.  Opaque in 2-3 coats and meant to be worn on its own. Neon glitters in this are blacklight responsive.
The formula in this one is excellent. I used 3 coats here. Although 2 coats would've been fine, but I like to see the glitter covered with a thin coat of the milky base, so I added the third coat. I got most of my glitter on the second coat, using the 'swirled brush' method to get the glitter out, sometimes I got too much on the brush than I needed. This one is SO pretty under a black light. I'm kinda bummed I can't show it to you.

There Are No Seasons in Indie

There Are No Seasons in Indie

There Are No Seasons in Indie
Pink Punkin', a neon orange crelly with neon pink hex, stars and squares and matte pastel pink dots and squares plus gorgeous pink and peach shimmer. Opaque in 2 coats.  No base coat necessary.  Neon base and glitters are black light responsive.
This one also has an excellent formula, I only used 2 coats here. I didn't read the description Jen has put for this polish, and very surprised to find a star glitter while applying it. I swear I looked all around the bottle and couldn't see one. So that's a nice surprise, lol! For this one, I just apply it like I do with regular polish. 
Pink Punkin'

Pink Punkin'

Pink Punkin'
Ghosts of Candy Corn Past, a white crelly base with peach and yellow shimmer, banana yellow dots, small hex and squares, pastel yellow dots, small hex and squares, neon orange and neon yellow hex, Peach dots and small hex, small and medium black dots, black rectangles, black diamonds.  Opaque in 2-3 coats and meant to be worn on its own.  Neon glitters in this one are blacklight responsive.
This one just looks so yummy to me! I used 3 coats here. As usual, it's packed with tons of glitter, I didn't have any problem getting the coverage I needed. I did have to manipulate them a bit while applying, so they don't stack too thick on top of each other. I just used tooth pick to move the glitter a bit if they're stacked too thick. (sorry about the lint on my ring finger, I really didn't notice they were there!)

Ghosts of Candy Corn Past

Ghosts of Candy Corn Past

Ghosts of Candy Corn Past
Be-Wear The PolishA glitter bomb topper in a clear base with matte gray moons & dots, matte black stars, moons and dots in three sizes, neon green stars, hex and squares, neon purple hex in several sizes, fern green hex, dots and diamonds, opaque matte purple dots and large hex, glow in the dark small glitters, intense green and purple shimmer.  Neon glitters in this one are blacklight responsive and some also glow in the dark.
The star of the collection!! I have to be honest, looking at the bottle, this one was not appealing to me at all. There are so much green in it, and green is not my favorite color. But once I put it on, I immediately fell in love with it! Such a fun looking glitter bomb!! This one also looks cool under a black light. Here I used one semi dabbed coat over Zoya Darcy and Zoya Thandie. Really love this combos! I also had to manipulate the glitter using tooth pick, it was not necessary, I just don't want the glitter to cover each other too much.
Be-Wear The Polish (over Zoya Darcy&Thandie)

Be-Wear The Polish (over Zoya Darcy&Thandie)

Be-Wear The Polish (over Zoya Darcy&Thandie)

Be-Wear The Polish (over Zoya Darcy&Thandie)
Phew!! Did you make it all the way down here? Good! ;) 
Overall, I think this is a great halloween collection. My favorite are Be-Wear The Polish, There Are No Seasons in Indie, and Pink Punkin'. Funny, cause none of those 3 were my pick from this collection, lol! If you like them and don't have them yet, hurry up and get them before they sell out. You can purchased these collection from Jindie Nails online boutiqe. They are available in 15ml full size bottle, or 9ml mid size. Don't forget to like Jindie Nails on facebook so you won't miss their restock info, new collections, and giveaway! 

**All polishes (other than Blood, Bath & Beyond) were
 provided for my honest review

XO
Novi



No comments:

Post a Comment