Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Models Own Sun Hat & Flip Flop

Hi guys! Today I have two neon polishes from the summer collection, Polish For Tans by Models Own. These two are my first polishes from the brand, and I think I made a great first choice (or bad? depends on how you look at it :p) cause now I'm thinking of getting more of them.

Sun Hat is a neon bubblegum pink. It looks a bit shy in these pics, but in person, you'll have no doubt that this *is* neon. The formula is on the thick side but still applies quite nicely, especially for a neon. White base is not required. My swatches are with 3 coats, but with careful application, 2 coats would be enough. This doesn't dry matte as most neons do, but I'd still use top coat. 

Models Own Sun Hat

Models Own Sun Hat

Models Own Sun Hat
Flip Flop, a bright neon green. These pics are quite accurate in color, but it could look even brighter in certain lights. This is love at first swatch for me. The formula is slightly thinner compared to Sun Hat, and it dries to a matte finish, so top coat is definitely required. My swatches are with 3 easy coats, no white base required. 
Models Own Flip Flop

Models Own Flip Flop

Models Own Flip Flop
These shades really look flattering on my warm skin tone, makes me want to get more from this collection. In Canada, Models Own polishes can be purchased from Nail Polish Canada (they ship to US too!). If you're still on the fence whether you need these or not, I say go for it! :)

XO
Novi

No comments:

Post a Comment