Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31DC2013 Day 3: Yellow Nails

Hi guys!

Yes! I am back for day 3 of the 31 day challenge! And today's theme is yellow nails. First thing that came to mind when I think of yellow is banana, lol. But I have no idea what sort of nail art I want/can do with banana. Second thing that came to mind after banana, is bees! Chalkboard Nails did an awesome bee mani for her yellow nails. Suddenly I thought of something that I use everyday, and it has yellow all over it. Smileys, emoticon! Whatever you call it ;) Now that I can consider as a challenge. I know it seems easy, but for me making a perfect circle is hard! Plus I'm kinda bad in symmetrical, finding a center, that kind of stuff. 




After painting all my nails with white polish. I started with making the circles outline with yellow polish (Nicole by OPI Hit The Lights) using a small detail brush, then filling in the circles with the polish brush. Then I did the black outline (China Glaze Liquid Leather) on all the circles before I started with the expression in each of them. 




All the other colors used to make the smiley expressions are Zoya Thandie, Zoya Rocky, Zoya Micky. Everything was done using a small detail brush and doting tool. I finished off with 2 coats of Out The Door top coat. 






Hope you like it! :)

XO
Novi

4 comments: