Monday, February 17, 2014

Stamping Over Rainbow Artsy Backround (with Tutorial)

Hi guys!

Today I have a colorful stamping mani, and a tutorial for you. I've had request to do tutorial for the background of one of my valentines day mani, here. Which is great, cause I was planning to do one myself, just wasn't sure if there's any interest. You'll see that it's really easy and it makes an awesome background for your nail art, or you can just wear it as is or maybe add some fairy dust to it. 
In my previous mani, I used several shades of pinks and red, and a purple. This time I'm using rainbow colors, my favorite! I also stamped over them with Pueen 47 plate and my thick and goopy CND Blackjack. I'm so happy I didn't throw it out, it turned out to be an excellent stamping polish!





The polishes I used here are: OPI My Boyfriend Scales The Walls (white base), OPI Hey Baby, Zoya Darcy, Zoya Josie, Zoya Ricky, Color Club Pucci-licious, and HK Girl top coat.

Here's the step by step pictorial:



(not pictured) Paint all your nails with a white polish, and let it dry.

  1.  Drop a blob of each color you used on a tin foil. The brush I used here is a flat nail art brush. Also, set aside polish remover on a small dish to clean your brush
  2. Over a dry white base, with the first color (here it's pink) randomly do a one stroke with your brush creating several rectangle shape. Do it vertically and horizontally. You might need to dip the brush in remover and wipe it dry on a paper towel before moving to the next color.
  3. Repeat step 2, with the second color (Here it's purple). You can overlap the stroke with the existing ones.
  4. Repeat step 2 with color #3 (here it's green).
  5. Repeat step 2 with color #4 (here it's blue).
  6. Repeat step 2  with color #5 (here it's yellow).
  7. After I did step 2 with all the colors, I went back and repeat the same thing on some of the rectangles, using just light strokes just to make the white background not too visible. This step is optional, if you're happy with how it looks, then you can skip this step. 
  8. Do the clean up (if needed), and add top coat. I like to add top coat right away after I finished each nail. Adding top coat while the polish is not completely dry, kinda soften the brush strokes. But this is also optional.
And that's it!


You can use whatever colors you like, there's no right or wrong in doing this. Which is why I like it a lot. I hope my explanation is clear enough, and if it's not, feel free to shoot me a question in the comment :)
What do you think? Will you be trying this?

XO
Novi

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this and definitely want to give it a try - thank you for the tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, I love this! Thanks for the tutorial, it looks fun and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is awesome! I'm bookmarking this to try some time. I kind of want to wait for this year's 31DC "based on a tutorial" day but that would be in SO LONG so I probably won't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, it's so easy you could do it now and again on the challenge with different colors ;)

      Delete
  4. This is awesome! And you make it sound and look so easy *L*
    I will have to try this out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you'll try it and love the result! :)

      Delete
  5. That's such a cool way to create the base! Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design and your tutorial - both pics and words are super helpful! I hope to try it out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great tutorial & excellent idea for a creative design. I will def be trying this soon. Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete