Wednesday, February 5, 2014

My Picks: OPI Gwen Stefani Collection

Hi guys,

As promised, here's the swatches of my 5 OPI Gwen Stefani. What I don't have here is I Sing in Color and the red exclusive Over & Over A Gwen. This collection has so much variety, from a glossy creme, sparkly glitter, fancy satin, and lets not forget the chrome!

Push and Shove, there's not much description I can give for this one, it's simply a silver chrome. Not a super shiny one, but definitely the most shiny and chrome-y looking polish I've seen from all the other polishes advertised as chrome. The secret is from the mini base coat 'Lay Down That Base' that comes with the polish. Cons: 1) the wear time. As stated in the packaging, this is only intend to last over night. 2) It's not kind to those with ridges, as it will show all your nail imperfection. As for cons #1, I personally don't mind, I get bored easy and change my mani almost daily anyway ;)
I followed the instruction to the tee, thin coat of the base coat, 2 thin coats of polish, no top coat. I was so excited while applying and watching it dry and turn into its shiny chrome finish. I wore it for a little over 24 hours, left hand survived without a chip, and chipped 2 nails on my right hand. 

Push and Shove

Add caption
Love.Angel.Music.Baby (L.A.M.B), a gold satin. If you love This Gown Needs A Crown from Miss Universe collection, you will love this one too. It's the same finish, but in gold. It's looks classy, and not flashy (hey, I rhyme!) despite of being a gold. I used 2 coats, the formula is a breeze to work with.

Love.Angel.Music.Baby

Love.Angel.Music.Baby
4 in the Morning, a black satin. Kinda looks like matte to me, but I guess I need to compare a regular black with matte topcoat with this. This is a surprise love for me, I thought it would be just an 'ok' one. It has teeny tiny flecks in it which I think what makes it different from a regular black matte. Same great formula, 2 coats used here. 

4 in the Morning

4 in the Morning
In True Stefani Fashion, a clear base glitter topper filled with holographic silver glitter and some small holographic squares. Another gorgeous one from the collection. The glitter payoff was good in just 1 coat, which is what I used in these layering combo.

In True Stefani Fashion
(over Hey Baby)

In True Stefani Fashion
(over 4 in the Morning)
Hey Baby, a flirty bright pink with a glossy creme finish. I can see myself using this a lot, as the formula is great, not too thin, not too thick. It has good opacity too, perfecctly opaque in 2 easy coats. I used top coat for the swatches here. Also, the color is more vibrant than my pics are showing here, I think my light box/camera setting made the pink looks a little washed out.

Hey Baby

Hey Baby
I hope they will come out with a full size bottle of Lay Down That Base (which I heard from little birdie that they will), and MORE colors to wear it with! Pretty please OPI? :)
Which one are you going to try first? or your favorite? 

XO
Novi

1 comment: