Sunday, February 9, 2014

Swatches: OPI Brazil Collection - First Picks

Hi guys!

If you're following me on facebook, you might see a pic of my new OPI from the new Brazil collection that I posted yesterday. I picked up only 3 for now, and still have a few more I wanted. 2 out of the 3 were the bf picks! ;). Let's see pictures! 

All swatches are with 1 coat of HK Girl top coat.

Don't Bossa Nova Me Around, to be honest, nude is never in my top picks when buying polish. This is what the bf picked, and he's picking it because of the name. Wonder if you'd get why, lol. 
Anyway, this turned out to be a very nice nude and I really liked it. It has a dusty pink tone in it and applies really nicely. I thought I would need three coats for this, but two coats gave a perfect opacity.

OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around

OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around
Next Stop...The Bikini Zone, also picked by the bf, but I also wanted this. It's a (very weak) duochrome, it looks silvery purple most of the time for me, but in some lightning it changed to pewter silver. It also has some purple shimmer which makes it really pretty to me. I used three thin coats, smooth application. 
I noticed in the pics it looked like there are some bald spots. I assure you it is completely opaque in three coats, it's just the light reflection or something. I checked a few times when taking pictures to make sure there are no bald spots on my my nails.

Next Stop...The Bikini Zone

Next Stop...The Bikini Zone

Next Stop...The Bikini Zone
Where Did Suzi's Man-go? definitely my pick! It's a creamy medium orange. Very fitting with the name. Totally reminds me of juicy mango.. oh I can't wait for summer to come! The opposite of the nude, I thought I would only need 2 coats, but I used 3 coats to get a streak free opacity. But keep in mind, my coats are thin. Out of all the orange shades I have, this is now has become my favorite!

Where Did Suzi's Man-go?

Where Did Suzi's Man-go?
If you are in BC area, check out your local Chatters for this collection. Nail Polish Canada will have this collection soon! OPI retails for C$9.95 at Chatters and C$8.95 at Nail Polish Canada.
So, have you decided which ones you will get from this collection? Would any of these 3 be joining your OPI stash? :)

XO
Novi



2 comments:

  1. I like Brett's picks! Tell him he has the same taste in polish as me. :)

    ReplyDelete