Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Moonlight Sonata (ShenKen)

Hi guys!


Tonight's post is a little different than usual. Well, I'm still showing you swatches, but it's not from either mainstream or indie brands. 

I recently found out that one of my nail polish buddy is a genius amateur in frankening polish. Unlike me, who only like to paint my nails, she's really good in describing colors, likes experimenting with pigments and such. When she showed me (and a few other people) her latest experiment, I was completely swooned! And maybe showed a little too much excitement, she offered to send me a small sample, and in exchange asked if I would take better pics of it. Well, it's a no brainer! I gladly accepted :).


She named it Moonlight Sonata, it's a royal purple jelly based with shimmer that shifts from purple, blue, and magenta. It's super gorgeous! But really tricky to photograph. I seriously think my pics don't do it justice, it's so much prettier in person. My pics are showing 3 coats with top coat. 



Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata

Moonlight Sonata
 And I added 1 coat of Djinn in a Bottle. It kinda make most of the shimmer disappear, but I can still see the blue shimmer. I also love it with Djinn!


Moonlight Sonata
with EP Djinn in a Bottle

Moonlight Sonata
with EP Djinn in a Bottle

Moonlight Sonata
with EP Djinn in a Bottle
Do you also like to experiment with frankening your old polishes? Or even create a completely new one? What are your thoughts of this one? :)

XO
Novi

5 comments: