Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Holographic (fail) Watermarble

Happy watermarble day! (only at colorsfrenzy :p )


Okay, first of all I want to say that I'm not happy with how this watermarble turned out. Not because of the polishes I chose, cause I used awesome polishes. Too awesome I almost feel bad using them for marbling. It's because I wasn't prepared for what I chose :( 

I was trying out several different color combo and didn't like any of them. Then I saw my new Colors by Llarowe polish sitting right in front of me. So I grabbed them and just start the process. When I'm about to dunk my nail, then I saw all my nails are already painted white! Black would've made a better base when you marble with holo polish, as it would make the holo effect pop. But I went through with it anyway.. and disappointed that I used these awesome polishes, but didn't create a better mani with them when I could have.






Products used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales The Walls (base)
CbL Zipper
CbL Burnt Sugar
Poshe Top Coat

Okay, so it's not so much of a fail in the marbling process. More that I couldn't get the holo to show much because of the white base. Other than that, do you like the color combo here? :)

XO
Novi

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing! I don't see a fail. I love the color combo and the marble design! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! You're always sweet, and I'm my biggest critic (I guess) lol. It's not as holo as it would if worn individually :)

      Delete
  2. I think they look great! Totally puzzled by why you said "fail"! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I guess I was expecting them to look more holo than that, the white base I used is the fail! :D

      Delete